International Tax Attorney - Specialist | IRS International Tax Attorney - Golding & Golding

International Tax Attorney – Specialist | IRS International Tax Attorney – Golding & Golding

International Tax Attorney – Specialist | IRS International Tax Attorney

International Tax Attorney: We are IRS Offshore & Foreign Tax Lawyers who practice exclusively in International Tax, and specialize primarily in the niche area of IRS Offshore Disclosure. Our Board Certified Tax Law Specialist team represents clients worldwide, in nearly 70 countries.

We are the go-to International Tax firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants…and IRS Personnel (We all make mistakes, right?)

International Tax Attorney

Common Questions we receive about International Tax Attorney:

What is International Tax Law?

International Tax Law involves taxation, tax laws, and tax rules for multiple jurisdiction, or when an individual, business or estate is operating outside of their local jurisdiction. It also goes by other names such as: Offshore Tax, Foreign Tax, and Cross-Border Tax.

What does an International Tax Attorney Do?

An International Tax Attorney handles tax transactions for individuals, businesses or estates that have tax issues involving offshore Tax, Foreign Tax, and Cross-Border Tax. This may include compliance, planning, audits, litigation, and more.

What Cities do International Tax Attorneys operate in?

International Tax Attorneys operate worldwide. If you are seeking an International Tax Attorney, some of the more common cities are: 

  • International Tax Attorney California
  • International Tax Attorney San Jose
  • International Tax Attorney Los Angeles
  • International Tax Attorney San Diego
  • International Tax Attorney New York
  • International Tax Attorney Miami
  • International Tax Attorney Washington D.C.
  • International Tax Attorney Houston
  • International Tax Attorney Michigan

What is an International Tax Expert?

There is really no such thing as an “Expert” in Tax. Any Tax Attorney who uses the term “expert,” is probably a bit self-indulgent (read: egotistical). The closest you can get is being designated a Board Certified Tax Law Specialist.

What is a Tax Specialist?

It is a tough feat. There are more than 200,000 attorneys in California, and tens of thousands of them practice in some area of tax. In California alone, there are less than 400 Board-Certified Tax Specialists. Why? Because the test is brutal.

It covers many different areas of tax, oftentimes areas which are not even included in the practitioner’s daily area of practice. Tax Specialist Exam study materials are scarce at best, and basically the practitioner has to rely upon is his or her experience to complete the full day exam. 

And, in order for a person to be Board Certified — the applicant must also meet rigorous ethical and experience requirements as well.

When Do You Need an International Tax Lawyer?

If you are handling or contemplating international tax related issues, such as cross-border planning, foreign account and offshore compliance, international tax audits, or are subject to international tax litigation — you may need an International Tax Lawyer.

Do I Need an International Tax Attorney vs. CPA or EA?

If you are seeking confidentiality, and your communications to be covered under the Attorney-Client privilege, you would want an International Tax Attorney to maintain that privilege. Better yet, you should consider a “Dually Licensed Attorney/EA or Attorney/CPA”

What is International Tax Compliance?

International Tax Compliance is process of staying “compliant” with international tax related laws, rules and regulations. It is generally (but not always) a type of tax planning.

What is International Tax Planning?

Planning is the best offense, right? With international tax planning, you are preparing for international tax transactions. It can “personal tax planning,” business tax planning,” “estate tax planning,” or more

What is an International Tax Audit?

An International Tax Audit is when the IRS (or other government body) is examining your tax situation, and it involves international related issues. Common issues include: FBAR, FATCA, PFIC, CFC, GILTI, Expatriation, and more.

What is International Estate Planning?

International Estate Planning is when a person is planning to preserve their wealth, and their wealth includes assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S. (aka Cross-Border Estate Planning)

What is a U.S. Expat?

A U.S. Expat is a person who is a U.S. Citizen, but no longer resides in the U.S.

What is Foreign Bank Account & Asset Reporting?

Foreign Bank Account and Asset Reporting is the process of disclosing assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S to the IRS and other government agencies in accordance with FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act), FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting) and other U.S. Tax Rules.

What is an International or Foreign Tax Audit?

Is an Audit involving issues outside of the United States. Common issues may include:

  • FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
  • FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting)
  • CFC (Controlled Foreign Corporations)
  • GILTI (Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income)
  • PFIC (Passive Foreign Investment Companies)
  • Foreign Real Estate

What is IRS International Voluntary Practice?

IRS International Voluntary Practice is a type of IRS Tax Amnesty, in which a person uses various safe methods and practices to disclose assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S

What is an International Business?

An International Business is business that operates outside (and possibly inside) the United States, and may be subject to foreign country tax laws.

What is International Business Taxes?

International Business Taxes are the foreign or offshore taxes involving businesses that operate outside (and possibly inside) the United State.

What is International Tax Evasion?

If a a U.S. Person intentionally or willfully hides or fail to report foreign income, assets, investments, or accounts, you may be guilty of International Tax Evasion – which a Tax Crime.

International Tax Attorney – About Golding & Golding

Our Lawyers represent individuals, businesses, trusts, and estates in all aspects of international tax, cross-border transactions, offshore compliance, and foreign tax planning.

Common International Tax issues our Attorneys handle, include:

  • Unreported Offshore Assets, Accounts & Investments
  • Pre-Offshore Disclosure Planning
  • FBAR
  • PFIC
  • CFC
  • International Tax Investigations
  • Treaty Issues
  • Estate Tax Planning
  • Offshore Tax Planning

We Specialize In International, Offshore and Foreign Tax Laws

Golding & Golding represents clients nationwide and worldwide in all aspects of IRS Voluntary and Offshore Disclosure from our main offices in Southern California. 

Sean M. Golding, JD, LLM, EA is an International Tax Attorney and Board Certified Tax Law Specialist (Less than 1% of attorneys nationwide)who specializes exclusively in IRS Voluntary/Offshore Disclosure and reporting of foreign income, assets, accounts and investments.

International Tax Attorney & Enrolled Agent

We have successfully handled a diverse range of IRS Voluntary Disclosure and International Tax Investigation/Examination cases involving FBAR, FATCA, and high-stakes matters for clients around the globe (In over 65 countries!)

Whether it is a simple or complex case, safely getting clients into compliance is our passion, and we take it very seriously.Who Decides to Disclose Unreported Money?

What Types of Clients Do we Represent?

We represent Attorneys, CPAs, Doctors, Investors, Engineers, Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Professors, Athletes, Actors, Entry-Level staff, Students, Former/Current IRS Agents and more.

You are not alone, and you are not the only one to find himself or herself in this situation.

Sean M. Golding, JD, LL.M., EA – Board Certified Tax Law Specialist

Our Managing Partner, Sean M. Golding, JD, LLM, EA  holds an LL.M. (Master’s in Tax Law) from the University of Denver and is also an Enrolled Agent (the highest credential awarded by the IRS, and authorizes him to represent clients nationwide.)

He is frequently called upon to lecture and write on issues involving IRS Voluntary Disclosure.

Less than 1% of Tax Attorneys Nationwide

Out of more than 200,000 practicing attorneys in California, less than 400 attorneys have achieved this Certified Tax Law Specialist designation.

The exam is widely regarded as one of (if not) the hardest tax exam given in the United States for practicing Attorneys. It is a designation earned by less than 1% of attorneys.

Beware of Copycat Law Firms

Unlike other attorneys who call themselves specialists but are not “Board Certified,” handle 5-10 different areas of tax law, purchase multiple keyword specific domain names, and even practice outside of tax, we are absolutely dedicated to Offshore Voluntary Disclosure.

What Should You Do?

Everyone makes mistakes. If at some point that you should have been reporting your foreign income, accounts, assets or investments the prudent and least costly (but most effective) method for getting compliance is through one of the approved IRS offshore voluntary disclosure program.

4 Types of IRS Voluntary Disclosure Programs

There are typically four types of IRS Voluntary Disclosure programs, and they include:

Contact Us Today; Let us Help You.

International Tax Lawyers - Golding & Golding, A PLC

International Tax Lawyers - Golding & Golding, A PLC

Golding & Golding: Our International Tax Lawyers practice exclusively in the area of IRS Offshore & Voluntary Disclosure. We represent clients in 70 different countries. Managing Partner, Sean M. Golding, JD, LL.M., EA and his team have represented thousands of clients in all aspects of IRS offshore disclosure and compliance during his 20-year career as an Attorney. Mr. Golding's articles have been referenced in such publications as the Washington Post, Forbes, Nolo and various Law Journals nationwide.

Sean holds a Master's in Tax Law from one of the top Tax LL.M. programs in the country at the University of Denver, and has also earned the prestigious Enrolled Agent credential. Mr. Golding is also a Board Certified Tax Law Specialist Attorney (A designation earned by Less than 1% of Attorneys nationwide.)
International Tax Lawyers - Golding & Golding, A PLC