International Tax is Hard
We understand that international tax law can be daunting, overwhelming, and downright confusing.
We focus our entire law practice on IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs. This typically includes IRS reporting of offshore money through various international tax forms and entry into either OVDP or the Streamlined Program.
FAQs & More
Below please find links to frequently asked questions we have been asked throughout the years.
*Sometimes the rules and laws change unexpectedly. As such, it is important to note that these are basic guides. They are not a roadmap for you to use to submit your own application.
If you want to submit your own application, you are doing so at your own risk and none of the information contained in these frequently asked questions can be considered legal advice.
** We are providing these resources at no fee. If you prefer to speak with our experienced Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Lawyers, please schedule an appointment for a Reduced-Fee Consultation.
We do not offer Free Consultations. We have found that many firms that offer these Free Consultations are really just trying to bait you, sell you, or scare you. That is not how we operate at Golding & Golding; we help you safely and effectively get into IRS offshore compliance and the initial reduced-fee consultation is purely to provide you with specific, valuable information and we do not try to scare you or sell you.
If you are interested in a reduced-fee consultation, please contact us here.
Attorney-Client Privilege (Confidentiality)
Learn How to Hire an Experienced IRS Voluntary Disclosure Lawyer
- Board Certified Tax Specialist vs. “We Specialize in Tax” Marketing
- Hiring an IRS Voluntary Disclosure Lawyer: Important Credentials & Avoiding Tax Scams
- What is an Enrolled Agent – An Elite IRS Tax Credential
In a Nutshell (1-Page Summaries)
- IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure
- Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedures
- Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedures
- Reasonable Cause
- Quiet Disclosure
- FBAR Filing
- FATCA Reporting
Common International Tax Forms & Terms
- Form 1116 (Foreign Tax Credit)
- Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
- Form 3520 (Foreign Gift) Basics
- Form 3520-A (Foreign Trust) Basics
- Form 5471 Basics
- Form 8621 Basics
- Form 8938 Basics
- Form 8865 Basics
- Form 8300 (Foreign Customers)
Country-Specific Summary & Analyses
- U.S. Reporting & Taxation of Indian Income & Accounts
- Is An Australian Superannuation the Same as Social Security or Pension?
- U.S. Reporting & Taxation of Australian Superannuation Funds
- U.S. Reporting & Taxation of U.K. Pension and Retirement
- U.S. & Taiwan Tax and Reporting Basics
- U.S. Reporting of Foreign Gifts from Taiwan and China
- U.S. Taxation of a CPF (Central Provident Fund)