Barclays & FATCA: Barclay’s Bank is primarily located in the United Kingdom (UK) and actively reports account holder information to the IRS in accordance with FATCA. It is one of the largest banks, with several million customers. Several thousands of Barclay’s customers are U.S. Persons, and subject to FATCA Reporting to the IRS. The Internal Revenue Service has been aggressively enforcing foreign accounts compliance involving offshore accounts, assets. and investments. And. with Barclay’s actively reporting account holder information to the IRS, it is very important to get into (or remain) in compliance. If you are out of compliance, you may consider FBAR Amnesty and FATCA Amnesty programs, collectively referred to as voluntary disclosure.
Barclays & FATCA
In recent months, Barclay’s has been sending its customers FATCA letters, otherwise known as a CRS (Common Reporting Standard) letter or KYC (Know Your Customer).
If you received this type of notice, the clock is already clicking, and you should consider speaking with a specialist to get yourself into compliance before it is too late.
Golding & Golding: About Our International Tax Law Firm
Golding & Golding specializes exclusively in international tax, and specifically IRS offshore disclosure.
We are the “go-to” firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants, and Financial Professionals across the globe. Our attorneys have worked with thousands of clients on offshore disclosure matters, including FATCA & FBAR.
Each case is led by a Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist with 20 years of experience, and the entire matter (tax and legal) is handled by our team, in-house.
*Please beware of copycat tax and law firms misleading the public about their credentials and experience.
Less than 1% of Tax Attorneys Nationwide Are Certified Specialists
Sean M. Golding is one of less than 350 Attorneys (out of more than 200,000 practicing California Attorneys) to earn the Certified Tax Law Specialist credential. The credential is awarded to less than 1% of Attorneys.
Recent Golding & Golding Case Highlights
- We represented a client in an 8-figure disclosure that spanned 7 countries.
- We represented a high-net-worth client to facilitate a complex expatriation with offshore disclosure.
- We represented an overseas family with bringing multiple businesses & personal investments into U.S. tax and offshore compliance.
- We took over a case from a small firm that unsuccessfully submitted multiple clients to IRS Offshore Disclosure.
- We successfully completed several recent disclosures for clients with assets ranging from $50,000 – $7,000,000+.
How to Hire Experienced Offshore Counsel
Generally, experienced attorneys in this field will have all the following credentials/experience:
- 20-years experience as a practicing attorney
- Extensive litigation, high-stakes audit and trial experience
- Board Certified Tax Law Specialist credential
- Master’s of Tax Law (LL.M.)
- Dually Licensed as an EA (Enrolled Agent) or CPA
Interested in Learning More about Golding & Golding?
No matter where in the world you reside, our international tax team can get you IRS offshore compliant.
Golding & Golding specializes in FBAR and FATCA. Contact our firm today for assistance with getting compliant.