Government Seeks Judgment for FBAR – What Does it Mean?
- 1 Government Seeks Judgment for FBAR
- 2 Motion for Summary Judgment (FBAR)
- 3 Motion for Default Judgment (FBAR)
- 4 We Specialize in FBAR & FATCA (Board-Certified Tax Specialist)
- 5 Recent Golding & Golding Case Highlights
- 6 How to Hire Experienced Streamlined Counsel?
- 7 Interested in the Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedures?
Government Seeks Judgment for FBAR
When the government seeks judgment involving FBAR, it usually includes two main issues:
- Motion for Summary Judgment; or
- Motion for Default Judgment
Motion for Summary Judgment (FBAR)
In a motion for summary judgment on FBAR issues, either party is seeking to avoid a long, drawn-out trial on a particular issue (or issues).
For example, a Taxpayer may want to seek summary judgment (or at least “partial summary judgment”) against the IRS.
One recent example was in the case of Horowitz, when the spouse of the main defendant (her husband) was able to secure a “partial” summary judgment on certain issues involving her requirements to file an FBAR.
Motion for Default Judgment (FBAR)
With a default Judgment, the U.S. seeks a judgment against defendant, when defendant fails to participate in the litigation. One example is that the lawsuit is filed and the complaint is served — but the Defendant does not file an answer.
We Specialize in FBAR & FATCA (Board-Certified Tax Specialist)
We are the “go-to” firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants and Financial Professionals worldwide.
- Learn more about the Board-Certified Tax Lawyer Specialist credential
- Learn more about the IRS Enrolled Agent credential
- Learn More about Golding & Golding’s Case Accomplishments
- Learn More about Golding & Golding Testimonials from prior clients
Less than 1% of Tax Attorneys Nationwide Are Certified Specialists
Sean M. Golding is one of less than 350 Attorneys (out of more than 200,000 practicing California Attorneys) to earn the Certified Tax Law Specialist credential. The credential is awarded to less than 1% of Attorneys.
Recent Golding & Golding Case Highlights
- We represented a client in an 8-figure disclosure that spanned 7 countries.
- We represented a high-net-worth client to facilitate a complex expatriation with offshore disclosure.
- We represented an overseas family with bringing multiple businesses & personal investments into U.S. tax and offshore compliance.
- We took over a case from a small firm that unsuccessfully submitted multiple clients to IRS Offshore Disclosure.
- We successfully completed several recent disclosures for clients with assets ranging from $50,000 – $7,000,000+.
How to Hire Experienced Streamlined Counsel?
Generally, experienced attorneys in this field will have the following credentials/experience:
- Board Certified Tax Law Specialist credential
- Master’s of Tax Law (LL.M.)
- Dually Licensed as an EA (Enrolled Agent) or CPA
- 20-years experience as a practicing attorney
- Extensive litigation, high-stakes audit and trial experience
Interested in the Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedures?
No matter where in the world you reside, our international tax team can get you IRS offshore compliant.
Golding & Golding specializes in Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedures. Contact our firm today for assistance with getting compliant.