Civil Fraud Investigation by the Internal Revenue Service (2019)
Under most circumstances, the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) has three (3) years, or possibly six (6) years to audit you.
One major exception is Civil Tax Fraud, in which the statute of limitations may never expire.
IRS Civil Fraud Has No Statute of Limitations
It is important to note that the IRS does not typically run around (draining already limited resources) and start auditing people for tax fraud violations that occurred 25 years ago.
With that said, most people do not want to spend their days (especially their “golden years”) worrying about whether or not they are going to get the wrong guy or gal at the IRS on the wrong day – looking to make an example out of them.
Voluntary Disclosure/Tax Amnesty
With Voluntary Disclosure, the IRS almost always cuts off any criminal and civil liability beyond the submission. And, to date we have never had a single client prosecuted for fraud/evasion.
Golding & Golding, A PLC
We have successfully represented clients in more than 1,000 streamlined and voluntary disclosure submissions nationwide and in over 70-different countries.
We are the “go-to” firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants, and Financial Professionals across the globe.
- Learn more about the Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist credential
- Learn more about Golding & Golding’s Case Accomplishments
- Learn more about Golding & Golding Testimonials from prior clients
Sean holds a Master's in Tax Law from one of the top Tax LL.M. programs in the country at the University of Denver. He has also earned the prestigious IRS Enrolled Agent credential. Mr. Golding's articles have been referenced in such publications as the Washington Post, Forbes, Nolo, and various Law Journals nationwide.
Latest posts by International Tax Lawyers - Golding & Golding, A PLC (see all)
- IRS Relief Procedures for Certain Former Citizens – How to Apply? - September 7, 2019
- Incomplete IRS Offshore Disclosure Leads to More FBAR Penalties - September 3, 2019
- US Citizen with UBS Swiss Account may Suffer Willful FBAR Penalty - September 1, 2019