Tax Evasion Attorney: We Specialize in Voluntary Disclosure Our Board Certified Tax Law team specializes in Voluntary Disclosure, and the avoidance of domestic & overseas tax evasion. When a person has committed tax evasion for domestic or international related income, they may become subject to intense scrutiny by the IRS. That is because unlike other tax violations, tax evasion is a crime. Since evading tax is considered a criminal activity, the investigation process is different than for other types of tax violations.
Tax Evasion Attorneys: We Specialize in Voluntary Disclosure
Tax Evasion is a crime, and Voluntary Disclosure helps avoid prosecution of tax crimes. Therefore, if the IRS believes you committed a form of tax evasion, the process they take to investigate you is a bit different than a typical tax scenario. It generally goes like this:
– A person is under audit or examination
– During the audit or examination it becomes apparent to the agent or examiner that the person willfully failed to report income, or willfully (and intentionally) claimed deductions or expenses that were improper.
– The agent will then end the audit or examination, and without full explanation to the taxpayer. (IRS Audits cannot include criminal matters, since it is not a criminal investigation.
– The IRS will typically go radio-silent, while the agent refers the matter to the IRS Special Agents.
– The IRS Special Agents will conduct an investigation of the taxpayer that is quasi-criminal in nature.
– Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the IRS Special Agents may refer the matter for the DOJ or other agency for indictment and prosecution.
Voluntary Disclosure (Domestic & International)
The traditional voluntary disclosure program is used to reduce the chance of criminal tax evasion enforcement. The program was recently updated, and can help taxpayers avoid criminality.
Golding & Golding: About our International Tax Law Firm
Golding & Golding specializes exclusively in international tax, and specifically IRS offshore disclosure.
We are the “go-to” firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants, and Financial Professionals across the globe. Our attorneys have worked with thousands of clients on offshore disclosure matters, including FATCA & FBAR.
Each case is led by a Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist with 20-years experience, and the entire matter (tax and legal) is handled by our team, in-house.
*Please beware of copycat tax and law firms misleading the public about their credentials and experience.
Less than 1% of Tax Attorneys Nationwide Are Certified Specialists
Sean M. Golding is one of less than 350 Attorneys (out of more than 200,000 practicing California Attorneys) to earn the Certified Tax Law Specialist credential. The credential is awarded to less than 1% of Attorneys.
Recent Golding & Golding Case Highlights
- We represented a client in an 8-figure disclosure that spanned 7 countries.
- We represented a high-net-worth client to facilitate a complex expatriation with offshore disclosure.
- We represented an overseas family with bringing multiple businesses & personal investments into U.S. tax and offshore compliance.
- We took over a case from a small firm that unsuccessfully submitted multiple clients to IRS Offshore Disclosure.
- We successfully completed several recent disclosures for clients with assets ranging from $50,000 – $7,000,000+.
How to Hire Experienced FBAR Counsel?
Generally, experienced attorneys in this field will have the following credentials/experience:
- Board Certified Tax Law Specialist credential
- Master’s of Tax Law (LL.M.)
- Dually Licensed as an EA (Enrolled Agent) or CPA
- 20-years experience as a practicing attorney
- Extensive litigation, high-stakes audit and trial experience
Interested in Learning More about Golding & Golding?
No matter where in the world you reside, our international tax team can get you IRS offshore compliant.
Golding & Golding specializes in FBAR and FATCA. Contact our firm today for assistance with getting compliant.