Delinquent FBAR Submission Procedures
Delinquent FBAR Submission Procedures: When a person has unreported foreign and financial accounts, they may qualify for Delinquent FBAR submission procedures.
The procedures vary based on whether an applicant:
- has unreported income or not,
- is a U.S. person or foreign resident; and
- was willful or non-willful.
There are various different types of programs, including:
- Voluntary Disclosure (Post-OVDP)
- Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
- Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedures
- Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedures
- Delinquent International Information Return Submission Procedures
- Reasonable Cause
Sean holds a Master's in Tax Law from one of the top Tax LL.M. programs in the country at the University of Denver. He has also earned the prestigious IRS Enrolled Agent credential. Mr. Golding's articles have been referenced in such publications as the Washington Post, Forbes, Nolo, and various Law Journals nationwide.